The Baron’s Men is hosting our Summer Youth Workshop in July. Students will have an opportunity to experience the world of William Shakespeare and Elizabethan stagecraft tradition that the Baron’s Men is well known for.
Throughout the week of the workshop, students will experience:
- ♦ The language of Shakespeare – What is he really saying?
- ♦ High and Low Humor – Identification and delivery of a good pun
- ♦ Stage Movement – Navigating the Elizabethan thrust stage
- ♦ Death Scenes in Shakespeare – Die like a pro!
- ♦ Stage Combat – Believable fighting, none of the injury!
- ♦ Basic Costuming and prop making
- ♦ Students will put their new-found skills on display in a special, torch-lit performance on the final day of the workshop.
Dates: July 10-15, 2017; Performance will be on July 15.
Times: 9:00am (drop off at 8:30am) to 4:00pm (pick up by 4:30pm)
Where: The Curtain Theater – 7400 Coldwater Canyon Drive, Austin, TX 78730
Cost: Early Registration (January 21 – April 25) = $250
Late Registration (April 26 – June 24) = $300
*Registration cut off is June 24. No exceptions.
Space is limited, so register now! See below for registration instructions.
The registration process is super easy. There are two ways to register.
Option 1: USPS Mail
Download the Enrollment Packet PDF. Be sure to fill out all pages. You may include your registration fee at this time. Please make checks payable to THE BARON’S MEN and put your student’s name in the memo field. There are two ways to get the completed forms to us.
1. Mail the completed forms and registration fee to the following address:
2017 SUMMER YOUTH WORKSHOP
The Baron’s Men
P.O. Box 9255
Austin, TX 78766
2. Scan the completed forms and email them to email@example.com An email will follow shortly detailing the next steps and payment information.
Option 2: Online Registration
1. Click on this Google Forms link and fill out all sections.
2. Download the Consent Forms Packet PDF. Be sure to fill out all forms. There are three ways to get the completed forms to us.
♦ Mail the completed forms and registration fee to the address listed above
♦ Scan the completed forms and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org An email will follow shortly detailing the next steps and payment information.
♦ Bring the completed consent forms on the first day of the workshop.
All photos are courtesy of Victoria Kelly, Workshop Director